BATHROOM REMODELING CONTRACTOR IN FREDERICKSBURG
Bathroom Remodeling Services
Basement Finishing Plus is also a reputable bathroom remodeling contractor in Fredericksburg. Our team has completed over 100 bathroom remodeling projects. The average bathroom remodeling project can start with adding new fixtures for your lighting, sink, or bathtub and move on to a whole new comfortable, attractive, spa- like and functional space. There’s more to creating a beautiful new bathroom that just picking out the features you want. We are an insured, bonded and licensed home remodeling company serving the greater Fredericksburg area.
Don’t rush to reconstruct the room dramatically, the scope of tasks can be less than you think if you figure out the right approach and decide what exactly you expect from remodeling. Your bathroom remodeling project can be completed quickly and cost effectively by Basement Finishing Plus! We will manage the construction work required to create your dream bathroom, reviewing the drawings and specifications and providing a free cost estimate to you.
Where do I Start?
Starting the process of planning the renovation of a bathroom may seem like a daunting task, but the experts at Basement Finishing Plus can point you in the direction of preferred design, function, and budget. Below, we have listed several questions you should ask yourself when beginning to plan for a bathroom remodel or renovation.
1. What is your budget? Do you have a backup plan in case costs run a bit higher?
2. Who are the primary users of the bathroom? This will affect how you strategize the remodel, the aesthetic decisions you make, and the features you include.
3. What is the purpose of the remodel? Is it for aesthetic or functional purposes? Functional renovations are often more expensive, but aesthetic remodels can increase quality of life and the value of your home.
4. What are the most important “special features” for the remodel? Consider: luxury shower heads and systems, makeup lighting, mirrors, and vanity designs.
5. Do you have a preferred color scheme?
In order to help you plan for your bathroom renovation, we have prepared this checklist. While it’s not all-inclusive, it covers the most important issues:
1. Plumbing. Residential plumbing typically uses 1½-inch pipes for drains. You’d be surprised how much gunk and hair goes down that drain. The larger the drain, the less likely it is to clog. The cost difference to upgrade to a 2-inch drain is practically negligible, and unless your framing doesn’t allow for it, you should consider increasing the drain in your shower to 2 inches.
2. Lighting. Consider recessed light fixtures throughout your ceiling to brighten up the room. Include one (or two) in your shower with the proper shower trim. Install a dimmer switch so you can adjust the mood in your bathroom.
3. Medicine cabinets. Do you have the space to recess your medicine cabinet? Oftentimes this is a great way to save a few inches of space over a shallow vanity, and the additional framing typically isn’t going to break the budget.
4. Wall-hung toilets. These fixtures have grown in popularity lately, and for good reason. They no longer break the bank, and they also save space since the tank is hidden behind the wall.
5. A window in the shower. This is a great feature if done properly. Some things to consider: Choose a frosted-glass panel for privacy and preferably one that opens for fresh air.
6. Shower sills. Like the windowsill, what’s important here is that it is sloped properly into the shower. Try to choose a material that is solid, like stone or quartz.
7. Shower floors. Larger tiles are typically more difficult to slope properly, and unless they’re textured, they’ll be slipperier because the grout lines are further apart.
8. Drawer storage. Consider installing a vanity with drawer storage rather than doors. Drawers are easier to access and easier to organize. They can be cut out around the plumbing and can be extra-large to accommodate large items.
Basic Steps For Bathroom Remodeling
Every bathroom remodeling project is different. It takes a team of professionals many years to learn to do the job the right way, to complete it on time and to come in on budget. At Basement Finishing Plus, our trained professionals will guide you through the entire process and make sure all the work gets done to your highest possible standards, while helping you make the most of every dollar along the way. Remodeling a bathroom creates a space for grooming, relaxing or indulging in after a long and tiring day. When undergoing a bathroom remodel, the design experts at Basement Finishing Plus will make the room feel like a relaxing retreat away from the kids and any distractions.
Here’s a list of common mistakes most often made in a bathroom renovation:
● Not giving yourself enough cabinet space
Storage area can always be added; however, later additions might not look as good or flow as well as on-the-spot additions. One set of overhead cupboards might not do the trick.
● Not trusting the pros
We get it–DIY initiatives save money, and they are often quite rewarding when completed properly. That being said, prioritize high quality and execution over savings and pride. The final aim is for your bathroom remodeling project to get completed correctly.
● Hiring pros without understanding the price breakdown
Now, if you go the professional route, be sure to have a clear understanding of costs prior to signing over the job. All costs should be stated in the contract.
● Forgetting about lighting/ventilation
Don’t forget to look up! Lighting and ventilation carry obvious importance in a bathroom remodeling project. Lighting not only aids vision, but it also plays an underrated role in design. There are all sorts of lighting choices available for homeowners.
In addition, there are other factors you need to take into account and keep in mind. Many of these include:
● Plan for a partial renovation if you want to save money. A different paint color or a new vanity might be enough to make your space feel like new. If you already like the layout of your bathroom, consider replacing only one aspect of it to save money and work time. However, if you need to make major adjustments, it will be easier to renovate everything at once so you don’t need to do it again in a few years.
Try changing the accessories in your bathroom first to see if that’s all you need.
When making a budget for a partial renovation, look for the costs of the components you want to replace and save about 10% more than the cost.
● Look up inspiration for your bathroom online or in magazines. Look through home improvement and renovation magazines to see common trends and styles you could use. Cut out and save pictures of styles that you’d want in your bathroom. If you want to search online, try looking on home improvement sites or on Pinterest for ideas and inspiration. Save pictures you like or bookmark them to look at later.
● Choose a color scheme for your bathroom. Pick the paint or tile colors you want for your bathroom so you can base the rest of your design around it. Settle on at least 3 colors so you have a primary, secondary, and accent shade. Try using light colors, such as white, cream, or yellow, to make your space feel larger and more inviting.
● Draw plans on a piece of graph paper to get ideas for what to do with the space. Have 1 square on the graph paper equal 1 sq. ft. (0.093 m2) so you can draw your bathroom to scale. Draw in any fixtures you want to add or replace so you can see how they would fit in your room. Make multiple copies so you can try out different designs so you know what you like best.
Consider what you’ll need in your bathroom in the future. For example, if you plan on raising a family within the next 5-10 years, you may want to have a bathtub instead of just a shower stall.
● Locate where your water lines and electrical outlets are. Note on your design plans where your current plumbing and wiring lead. To avoid spending more money, keep the wires and pipes where they are and make your design around them.
● Pick a fixture to use as the focal point to design around. Choose at least 1 fixture that you know you want in your bathroom, such as a pedestal sink, handcrafted vanity, or claw-foot tub. When you choose the rest of your fixtures, make sure they match the color and style of the first piece so your room looks cohesive.
● Choose bright ceiling and vanity lights. Well-lit bathrooms seem larger, and they make it easier to do day-to-day things, such as applying makeup or shaving.
Include multiple lights in your design, such as ceiling grid lights as well as a fixture above the vanity. Make sure your lighting matches the rest of your room’s decor.
● Leave room for storage in your bathroom. Leave any closets in your bathroom so you have the built-in storage spaces. If you need more storage, get a cabinet or vanity underneath your sink or hang shelves on your wall. Try using baskets or crates to hold toiletries or towels to give your bathroom an open and inviting look.
● Pick a flooring that’s water-resistant. Common flooring options for bathrooms include tile or vinyl since they are easy to install and prevent water from getting into your subfloor. Pick a color and design that matches the rest of your bathroom so your space looks cohesive. Look for tiles online or at a local home renovation store to get ideas of what’s available.
● Get a ventilation fan that’s large enough for your space. Bathrooms need to have airflow or else mold could develop. Find the area of your bathroom, and get a vent with a CFM (cubic feet per minute) output that is equal to or greater than the area.
Partner With the Experts at Basement Finishing Plus
When you have your bathroom remodeled and finished, there are endless possibilities to adding value to your home. We’ve been renovating bathrooms in Fredericksburg for several years. In that time, we have perfected our craft, becoming Fredericksburg’s foremost experts on bathroom remodeling. We excel not only our construction skills, but also our engineering and layout experience to exploit your bathroom space to the fullest. We are the ones you can count on to make your dream bathroom become reality.
What’s the average price of a renovated bathroom? It’s not nearly as much as you think. We offer payment plans to suit any budget to achieve your desired result. Of course, you could probably find a contractor who could do it cheaper than we can do it, but do you really want to risk cutting corners to save a few bucks, when you can get real value by partnering with Fredericksburg Basement & Bath Remodeling?
Your bathroom renovation will be completed faster and at a more affordable rate than you might expect with our unique approach to problem solving. When you contact Basement Finishing Plus, you’ll quickly find that we’re not going to rush you through the procedure in an attempt to get your money as quickly as possible. Instead, we’ll take time to consult with you, which will ultimately enable our pros to help you locate the ideal product.
GET A GUARANTEED CALL BACK
FROM THE OWNER
Call For A Free Bathroom Remodel Estimate